Namik Mehmed oglu Rashydov
Tel.: (+38044) 257-8244, (+38063) 3077835
Fax: (+38044) 258- 1050, (+38044)
- Azerbaijan (native)
Date and Place of Birth:
14 June 1950, Sheki city, Azerbaijan.
Citizen of Ukraine
|1994||Doctor of Biological Sciences (Radiobiology) - R. E. Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology, High Attestation Commission of Ukraine, Kiev|
|1982||PhD (Biology) - Institute for Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences , Pushino. High Attestation Commission of the USSR, Moscow|
|1968-1973||Graduated Azerbaijan State University, Baku|
CAREER/ EMPLOYMENT (employers, positions and dates)
|2003 - present||Head of laboratory Biophysics Signal Systems of Plants of the Institute of Cell Biology and Genetic Engineering National Academy Sciences (ICBGE NAS of Ukraine)|
|2006 - 2010||Deputy Director ICBGE NAS|
|2000 - 2003||Senior scientific worker in Dept Biophysics and Radiobiology ICBGE NAS|
|1989 – 2000||Scientific researcher of the Institute of Cell Biology and Genetic Engineering National Academy Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev|
|1989-present||Invited lecturer Kyiv Taras Shevchenko State University|
|1986-1989||Senior scientific worker in Institute of Breeding and Genetics AS of Azerbaijan, Baku|
|1985-1986||Scientific worker of the Azerbaijan State University, Baku|
|1979-1985||Scientific worker of the Institute Agrarian of Azerbaijan, Baku|
|1976-1979||Graduate student of the Institute Plant physiology AS of Ukraine, Kiev|
Radio isotope analysis, DNA and protein isolation, PCR, plant cytogenetic assays, Tradescantia-SH assay, microscope technique, radiation dosimeters, computer skills
Full courses of lectures in Radiobiology at Taras Shevchenko Kyiv State University
Radiobiology, Radioecology, Biophysics, environmental monitoring, Plant physiology, cell biology, proteomic research.
- Speaker of the training course "Molecular Aspects of Salt and Drought Tolerance in Crops (plants)", Genetic Engineering Research Center (GERC), Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University, Egypt, 1- 8 September, 2007,
- Speaker and participant some NATO training courses - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 yrs.
|Ankara University and Akdeniz University (Antalya)||Turkey||1991|
|Department Experimental Biophysics of Humboldt University, Berlin||Germany||1998|
|Baku State University||Azerbaijan||2001|
|Akdeniz University (Antalya)||Turkey||2006, 2007, 2008|
|Cairo University, Giza||Egypt||2007|
|Institute of Genetics and Biotechnology of plants, Nitra||Slovakia||2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012|
- Slovak - Ukrainian JOINT RESEARCH bilateral projects: 2008-2010 & 2011-2013, * European FP7 grant MIRG-CT-2007-200165, 2007-2011,
- Annual fundamental research and innovation projects of NASU, 2000 - present,
- NASA-ESA project from STCU, Kiev, 2003-2004.
- Invited Lecturer Kyiv Shevchenko National State University (1989 - present), * Membership of Radiobiological Society of Ukraine (1976 - present),
- Scientific expert of the International Journal Radiation Biology (2009-present).
I am the member of following Scientific Societies:
- Radiobiological Society of Russia and Radiobiological Society of Ukraine,
- Plant Physiology Society of Ukraine and of Azerbaijan,
- European Society for New methods in Agricultural research (ESNA),
- European Radiation Research Society.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Deputy Chairman of the Ukrainian Society for Radiation Biology (2001 - present);
- Award SAIA, Nitra, Slovakia- (September, 1 – November, 30) 2007, 2011;
- Award of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, 2010, Travel grand to Tunis from HRH Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz-2007
Current research interests and proposed topics:
Radiobiological effects from chronic irradiation of the radionuclide, which incorporated in living cells of organism and methods of prevention of the menace of, combined toxicity of the transuranic elements. The epigenetic constitute of the adaptation processes for self-sown and cultural plants under influence acute and chronic irradiation.
Determination epigenetic transgeneration plasticity of plants Crepis tectorum L. different ecotypes self-sown in contaminated areas post accident term on IV bloc of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant.
The study influence chronic irradiation to create adaptation perceive mass-spectrometry determinates proteins with methods of the quantitative proteomics analysis of developing seeds and embryo, endosperm and seed coat in control (Chernobyl) and high level contaminated with radionuclide areas (Chistogalovka region), where grown soybean, barley, corn, wheat, rape and flax plants (Together with Dr M. Hajduch from Institute of Plant Genetics and Biotechnology (IPGB) of SA of Slovakia, Nitra). Biophysics aspect curry out light signals from aboveground part of the high plants (pea and soybean) to rhizosphere (root system).
Current research plans includes also a study of behaviour radionuclides 137Cs, 90Sr, 239+240Pu, 241Am: a forward soil-to-plant movement as well as concentration ratios for high plants grown on contaminated soils and an estimate of genetic hazard (chromosome aberration, chlorophyll yields, somatic mutation in a lot of transgenic lines of the plants Arabidopsis thaliana by help of GUS-gene yields, hair mutation on Tradescantia clone 02, damages on Allium cepa genome and et. al. assays) that deals with above mentioned radionuclides which formed dose and risk assessment models estimated.
To research the dependence of plant root forms and shoot transfer factor radionuclide 137Cs, 90Sr and 241Am deal with of the several level contamination soils sites in Chernobyl zone.
The role of mitotic crossing-over genome instability and epigenetic factors in the signal transduction of plants, which grown at contamination soils, the micro- and nano- size radioactivity particles distribution and localization of the alpha-emitting radionuclide 241Am in apex and meristem tissue cells by autoradiographic microscopic section to be examined.
I am an author up to 160 publications. Some of them referred below:
- Do Cupins Have a Function Beyond Being Seed Storage Proteins? >>>
- Rashydov NM and Hajduch M (2015) Chernobyl seed project. Advances in the identification of differentially abundant proteins in a radio-contaminated environment. Front. Plant Sci. 6:493. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2015.00493 http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpls.2015.00493/full
- Katarína Klubicová, Maksym Danchenko, Ludovit Skultety, Valentyna V. Berezhna, Uvackova L., Namik M. Rashydov, Martin Hajduch. Soybeans grown in the Chernobyl area produce fertile seeds that have increased heavy metal resistance and modified carbon metabolism. //PLoS ONE (2012). (research manuscript PONE-D-12-15150R2) http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0048169
- Klubicová K, Vesel M, Rashydov N and Hajduch M(2012) Seeds in Chernobyl: the database on proteome response on radioactive environment. //Frontiers in Plant Science. 3:231. doi:10.3389/fpls.2012.00231 , http://www.frontiersin.org/Journal/Abstract.aspx?s=1285& name=plant%20proteomics&ART_DOI=10.3389/fpls.2012.00231
- Katarína Klubicová, Namik M. Rashydov, Martin Hajduch. Proteomics of field samples in radioactive Chernobyl area. Standard chapter in book the Plant Proteomics: Methods and Protocols, 2nd edition (Humana press) Editor: Jesus Jorrin Novo (2012). (in press) # Kravets E.A., Berezhnaya V.V., Sakada V.I., Rashydov N.M. and Grodzinsky D.M. Structural architectonics of the root apical meristem in connection with a quantitative evaluation of its radiation damage. CYTOLOGY AND GENETICS, (2012), Vol. 46, N2 p. 63-73.
- Rashydov N., Kliuchnikov O., Seniuk O., et al. Radiobiological Characterization Environment Around Object "Shelter” In book: Nuclear Power Plant, by edit. Soon Heung Chang, 2012, 342 p. Chapter 7, p. 231- 279. http://www.intechopen.com/profiles/25919/namik-rashydov
- DANCHENKO, Maksym - KLUBICOVÁ, Katarína - ŠKULTÉTY, Ľudovít - BEREZHNA, Valentyna V. - RASHYDOV, Namik M. - HAJDUCH, Martin. Concept of crop adaptation to the Chernobyl environment based on proteomic data. In book - Climate change: challenges and opportunities in agriculture. : agrisafe final conference, march 21-23, 2011. - Budapest: Agricultural Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 2011, p. 151-154.
- Rashydov N.M. Risk characterizations of the contamination water pathways and determination of toxicity. In book issues NATO Advanced research workshop on “Climate change and its effect on water resources – Issues of national and global security”. Chapter 18, Editors: Alper Baba. Goknem Tayfur & Orhan Gunduz. Springer, 2011, p. 157-165.
- Klubicová, K., Berčák, M., Danchenko, M., Skultety, L., Rashydov, N.M., Berezhna, V.V., Miernyk, J.A., Hajduch, M. // Agricultural recovery of a formerly radioactive area: I. Establishment of high-resolution quantitative protein map of mature flax seeds harvested from the remediated Chernobyl area. (2011) Phytochemistry, 72 (10), pp. 1308-1315.
- Klubicová, K., Danchenko, M., Skultety, L., Berezhna, V.V., Hricová, A., Rashydov, N.M., Hajduch, M. Agricultural recovery of a formerly radioactive area: II. Systematic proteomic characterization of flax seed development in the remediated Chernobyl area. // Journal of Proteomics, Volume 74, Issue 8, 12 August (2011), Pages 1378-1384.
- Rashydov N., Berezhna V. Distribution 241Am by organs and tissues of plants. In: Nuclear Track Detectors: Design, Methods and Applications ISBN: 978-1-60876-826-4 (Editor: Maksim Sidorov and Oleg Ivanov), Nova Science Publishers, Inc., USA, (2010) chapter 7, p. 213-225.
- Klubicova K., Danchenko, M., Škultéty, L., Miernyk J.A., Rashydov, N.M., Berezhna, V.V. , Preťová, A. , Hajduch, M. Proteomics analysis of flax grown in Chernobyl area suggests limited effect of contaminated environment on seed proteome. Environmental Science & Technology. (2010) V. 44, Issue 18 p. 6940-6946.
- Maksym Danchenko, Ludovit Skultety, Namik Rashydov, Valentyna Berezhna, Lubomir Matel, Terezia Salaj, Anna Pretova, Martin Hajduch. Proteomic analysis of mature soybean seeds from the Chernobyl area suggest plant adaptation to the contaminated environment. Journal of Proteome. Research article. 2009, 8, p. 2915-2922.
- Rashydov N.M., Berezhna V.V., Grodzinsky D.M. Radiobiological effects of 241Am incorporated in cells of organism and methods of prevention of the menace of combined toxicity of the transuranic elements //. In book: Aycik, Gul Asiye. New techniques for the detection of nuclear and radioactive agents. Springer Verlag, 2009. – 347, p.313-323.
- Kutsokon N.K., Rashydov N.M., Grodzinsky D.M. Radiation induction of multiaberrant cells in Allium cepa L. Proceedings of International Conference on Radioecology and Environmental Radioactivity, Norway, Bergen, 15-20 June, 2008. - P. 271-277.
- Rashydov N.M., Berezhna V.V., Kutsokon N.K. Risk assessment of wastewater contaminated with radionuclides using Arabidopsis thaliana L. plants. Wastewater reuse – risk assessment, decision-making and environmental security. (Edited by Mohammed K.Zaidi) Springer 2007. p. 121-130.
- Rashydov N.M., Berezhna V., Kutsokon N. Evalution of water and soil genotoxicity with bioassays in sites contaminated with radionuclides. Proceedings “Sustainable Water Management” MEDA Water International Conference, Tunis, 2007 p, 307-313.
- Rashydov N., Grodzinsky D., Berezhna V., Sakada V. The study of adaptation responses under γ-irradiation of transgenic lines Arabidopsis thaliana L. Current problems of radiation research. Proceedings of the 35th Annual Meeting of the European Radiation Research Society, Kyiv, Ukraine (Edited by D. Grodzinsky & A. Dmitriev) 2006, p. 227-235.
- Kutsokon N., Rashydov N.M., Berezhna V., Grodzinsky D. Biotesting of radiation pollutions genotoxicity with the plants bioassays. Radiation safety problems in the Caspian region. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2004. P. 51 – 56.
- N.K. Kutsokon, L.M. Lazarenko, V.F. Bezrukov, N.M. Rashydov, D.M. Grodzinsky. Number of aberration per cell as a parameter of chromosome instability. 2. Comparative analysis of the factors of different nature. Cytology and genetics c/c of Tsitologiia i genetika. Allerton press Inc. USA. 2004, Vol 38; Part 1, pages 50-62.
- N.K. Kutsokon, N.M. Rashydov, D.M. Grodzinsky., V.F. Bezrukov, L.M. Lazarenko. Number of aberrations in an abnormal cell as a parameter of chromosomal instability. 1. Characteristics of Dosage Dependences. Cytology and genetics c/c of Tsitologiia i genetika.. Allerton press Inc. USA. 2003, Vol 37; Part 4, pages 17-23.
Ukrainian and Russian
- E. A. Kravets, V. V. Berezhnaya, V. I. Sakada, N. M. Rashidov, and D. M. Grodzinsky. Structural Architectonics of the Root Apical Meristem in Connection with a Quantitative valuation of Its Radiation Damage.// Tsitologiya i Genetika, 2012, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 12–23.
- Rashydov, NM; Kutsokon, NK. Effects of chronic irradiation of plants deal with radionuclides man-caused origin. D. M. Grodzinsky (Editor), Radiobiological effects chronic irradiation of plants in zone influence Chernobyl catastrophe. 70-134, 373. (2008) (in Ukrainian).
- Grodzinsky D.M., Dmitriyev A.P., Rashydov N.M., and et al. UV-radiation and plants: Mechanisms of damage and protection. Kyiv, Fitosostsentr, Ukraine, 2007, 151 p. (in Ukrainian)
- Emelyanov V.I., Rashydov N.M., Romanenko P.A., Sakada V.I., Grodzinsky D.M. Plants able to provide light to rhizosphere. Reports of the National Academy of Science of Ukraine, 2007, N 11, p. 151-157. (in Ukrainian)
- Rashydov N.M., Stasik O.O., Sakada V.I., Grodzinsky D.M. Effect of clinorotation on photoassimilates partitioning French bean plants. Physiology & Biochim. Cultural Plants (Kyiv, Ukraine) Vol. 38, part 5, pp. 405-411, (2006). (Russian with English summery)
- Rashydov N.M., Kutsokon N.K. (2005) Target and non-target radiobiological reactions – its threshold and non-threshold effects. Problems of nuclear power plants safety and of Chornobyl 3(2): 42–49. (Russian with English summary).
- Kutsokon N.K., Rashydov N.M., Grodzinskii D.M. (2002) Cytogenetic effects of 241Am in the Allium-test. Radiats Biol Radioecol 42(6): 675-677. (Russian with English summary).
- Kutsokon N. K., Grodzinsky D. M., Rashydov N. M., Trishin V.V. (2002) Evaluation of 241Аm genotoxicity in test-system of Allium cepa L. seedlings root tip cells. Scientific Papers of the Institute for nuclear research 17(1): 139-146. (Ukrainian with English summary).
Presentations at conferences and meetings
- DANCHENKO, Maksym - KLUBICOVÁ, Katarína - ŠKULTÉTY, Ľudovít - BEREZHNA, Valentyna V. - RASHYDOV, Namik M. - HAJDUCH, Martin. Concept of crop adaptation to the Chernobyl environment based on proteomic data. In book - Climate change: challenges and opportunities in agriculture. : agrisafe final conference, march 21-23, 2011. – Budapest, Hungary.
- KLUBICOVA, Katarina - DANCHENKO, Maksym - SKULTETY, Ludovit - RASHYDOV, Namik M. - PRETOVA, Anna - HAJDUCH, Martin. Proteomics of flaxseed development. In Molecular Aspects of Plant Development 2010: international conference 23-26 February 2010, Vienna. - Vienna : Vienna International Plant Conference Association (VIPCA), 2010, p. 59.
- KLUBICOVA, Katarina - DANCHENKO, Maksym - SKULTETY, Ludovit - RASHYDOV, Namik M. - PRETOVA, Anna - HAJDUCH, Martin. Proteomics analysis of flaxseed development. In Systems biology and Omic approaches: COST action Plant proteomics in Europe, 5-7 may, 2010. - Namur: LA LIBERTE DE CHERCHER, 2010, p. 50.
- Kutsokon N.K., Berezhna V.V., Rashydov N.M., Grodzinsky D.M. Transgeneration adaptive effects of chronic irradiation under sexual and vegetative reproduction of plants. 5-th Congress of Radiobiology Society of Ukraine, Uzhgorod, October, 2009.
- Danchenko, M., Škultéty, L., Berezhna, V.V. , Rashydov, N.M. , Preťová, A. , Hajduch, M. Twenty one years since Chernobyl disaster; What seed protein can tell us? Cordova, Spain, 2008, p. 147.
- Patent № 58505, Ukraine. Approch for microclonal propagation the plants of Populus genus / Grodzinsky D., Rashydov N.M., Kutsokon N.K, Gushcha M.I., Shylina Y.V., Volosyanchuk R.T., Tkach V.P., Zolotykh I.V., Vysotska N.Y., Raksha-Slusareva О.А., Krul V.О. Registered 11.04.2011. Bull. №7, 2011. 3 p. Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Patent of Ukraine. Pt for health-giving model N 38355. Food dietary supplement “Chicory-S” / Grodzinsky D., Rashydov N.M., Raksha-Slusareva О.А., et al. Registered 12.01.2009. Bull. №3, 4 p., Kyiv, Ukraine.
- (54) Спосіб стимуляції плодоутворення томатів при недостатньому освітленні на гідропоніці. Патент на винахід, Україна, UA, 76670, C2, МПК (2006) Міністерство освіти і науки Украйни, Державний департамент інтелектуальної власності, 2006 , 6 c./ Мельничук М.Д., Рашидов Н.М., Хлястіков Г.П.